Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Break Is Here At Last!

Whew! Can you believe it's nearly time to ring in 2008?? Here's a chance to post just for fun over break. Blog about any special family you visit, places you go, the holidays, gift giving, New Year resolutions, funny stories that happen to you, anything!! Just be sure that you don't include too much personal information like people's last names or street addresses. You guys are all pros at blogging by now. Check in on the blog every couple days over break (if you are able) and I'll keep you posted about my holiday as well! Happy Blogging!


Iris said...

When I was on break, I went to visit my grandparents in Albany, New York. There was a little more than a foot of snow on the ground. We left to Albany on Sunday the 23. We ate dinner there and then had some family time. The next day my sister and I ate breakfast and then rushed outside to play in the snow. The snow was so icey that I could lie down on it and not break though the surface like a polar bear. My sister stomped through the snow and then I couldn't slide anymore. I started to sled but the hill was so small that I stopped. I wanted to have hot chocolate but my grandparents didn't have any. At 3:00 I went caroling with my family and my grandparents friends. We got cookies at two of the houses and then went home for refreshments At the end of the day I hung up my stocking and went to bed. I woke up and it was Christmas day. I was so exited that I crept downstairs to see if my stocking was full. My stocking wasn't on the banester were I had put it though, but it was on the white embroidered chair in the living room. At 7:00 I went downstairs again, picked it up and brought it to my grandparents room were I opened it. After breakfast, I watched my sister open her presents. Then I waited with the grown-ups until my Uncle Dick and Miss How came to open presents. I got two stuffed animals and LOTS of books. On Thursday we did a lot of packing and then left on Friday. that is where I went over winter break.

Mrs. Perry said...

My goodness! I had planned on checking in on the blog to post a couple days ago, but I'd been so busy making Christmas cookies and wrapping presents that I just now got a chance to write!

On Christmas Eve, Mr. Perry and I went to his parents' house for a huge dinner & presents. We had a blast. After dinner, we met up with some of my family to go to our midnight candlelight church service.

The next morning, my sister & my mom got ready to cook the thawed out Christmas dinner turkey when they got a BIG surprise - it was a bad turkey!! YUCK! So all my family members scrambled around to try and find a store open on Christmas day to buy another turkey! We were worried that we weren't going to be able to find another turkey on Christmas day, so we started a venison roast just in case. Talk about a hectic morning! We managed to find a turkey, and got it cooked in time for Christmas dinner. So we ended up having turkey, venison, AND a ham (that someone else brought over as their contribution to dinner). We didn't do too much other than spend time with family and take it easy after that, our tummies were FULL!

Today (since the rain finally stopped), I had a chance to go on a 3 1/2 hour ride on my horse Ren and two of my close friends on the farm. Mr. Perry and I are going to go visit another of my sisters up in Baltimore for New Years tonight. Hopefully the weather won't be too cold and the sky will be clear for optimum firework viewing. We're planning on watching the fireworks over the Baltimore City harbor from my sister's roof deck (unless I get too cold and go inside for hot chocolate!!).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful break! I will see you all on Wednesday! :)